|L to R: Frock Star, Bling It On, Wild Child, and Laced Up|
Product: 4.5 out of 5
Packaging: 5 out of 5
Quality: 5 out of 5
Overall: 5 out of 5
Price: $8.99 each
Shade I am wearing in pics below is: “Bling It On”
Available at most drugstores
I went to Target last week and came across these Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Strips which claim to last up to 10 days, since I am challenged when it comes to putting on nailpolish on my right hand and have no patience for waiting for it to dry, I thought these would be perfect to try out. They are pretty new to the market, they aren’t even on the Sally Hansen website yet and they were hard to find (not all Target stores had them or drugstores for that matter). But I think they should be rolling out to more places in due time within the next couple of months if not sooner.
Each box comes with 16 nail strips (extras in case you make a mistake) and of course different sizes so you can find ones that fit your nail bed, a cuticle pusher, detailed instructions, and a nail file. I recommend that you have warm hands or fingertips when you apply these so that when you smooth out the nail strip it sorts seals it onto your natural nail and helps it adhere.
-I noticed they have remarkable staying power when used with a top coat. I used Seche Vite top coat to help seal and make it last longer and didn’t experience any chipping so far and have had it for about 6 days now; and usually with regular polish I do on Day 2 or 3. Without a top coat it’s more prone to peeling or getting etches quicker.
– They have a variety of cool designs and colors, from lace, zebra, high-impact glitter, neon, matte, shimmer, etc. to choose from.
– They are $8.99 each which is relatively cheaper than a manicure you get at a salon.
– Super easy to apply and remove, and very natural looking. It only took me 10 minutes or less to do both hands, and you can remove it with regular nail polish remover.
– Great if you are pressed for time and need to do a quick manicure, no need to wait for them to dry!
– Not all of the nail strips will fit all nail beds, but it’s not too noticeable, just gotta find the one that fits you the best.
Overall: I love, love, love these! I honestly wanna just get these from now on as oppose to regular nail polish because they are just so easy to do lol! I like that I don’t have to wait for these to dry, and that they last a long time. They also come in many fun designs as well as more normal nail polish shades and finishes. I had people even say “I love your nailpolish color what brand/shade is it?” and they are shocked when I say they are nail polish strips, because they look that natural.
The shade “Bling It On” was hard to capture its true color, it’s a really pretty medium bright rose pink in person, not as dark as it is in some of the pictures.
Used a different camera, but color is closer to the pic above, and is still as vibrant as Day 1:
Minimal chipping on index fingernail near cuticle, but still in tact for the most part