Product: 4 out of 5
Packaging: 5 out of 5
Quality: 5 out of 5
Overall: 4 out of 5
Where to buy: Sephora, Bloomingdales, Nordstroms, or any YSL retailer.
Would I buy again? Yes
What it is: A skin revitalizing complexion enhancer and makeup primer.
What they say: Top Secrets Flash Radiance Skincare Brush is Yves Saint Laurent’s latest breakthrough product and the first of its kind. Inspired by the immediate and high-stress beauty needs backstage at fashion shows, this unique hybrid skincare and makeup product provides instant smoothness and radiance in addition to long-lasting evenness of skin’s tone, texture, and hydration. It delivers a multitude of benefits. It revitalizes and softens the skin, erases signs of fatigue, and regulates the skin’s pigmentation. This revolutionary formula creates a protective, moisturizing veil that sets the stage for a perfect, long-lasting makeup application.
In a nutshell: It’s a primer in a built in brush which makes it easy to apply without having to use your fingers or hands to apply, you can also gently clean the brush with soap and water as it’s synthetic. You twist the base of the brush (so it’s on its side) to turn it “ON” and turn it back to turn it “OFF” so that it doesn’t accidentally leak out. Just squeeze and the primer comes out from the middle of the brush, and apply on your face.
– A really great primer, it totally made my face feel soft and smooth, thus creating a perfect, even canvas for makeup application (both mineral and liquid).
– Helps makeup last longer, and it didn’t make me look oily like Smashbox’s primer did.
– Built in brush comes in handy and makes it easy to travel with. I like how I can just apply it using the brush which probably helps prevent pimples since it eliminates the need to use your hands that have oils.
– Has a lot of product.
– Super expensive! $52 for a primer is a bit ridiculous to me! But then again, it’s YSL and we all know at times your just paying for the name…
– The smell! It’s not a bad smell, it’s just a bit too fragrant for me, like an overpowering perfume. I really wish they made one, or at least in the future make one without any scent or at least a much lighter scent. Because it annoying after awhile and I just couldn’t get used to it.
Overall: It’s a good primer, I haven’t tried too many primers that made my skin feel so soft and smooth, and with the YSL primer my makeup went on smooth and flawless. Application is easy and you don’t need to squeeze hard for the product to come out, and the brush makes it easy to apply the primer on your face. It seems like there’s enough to last awhile since you don’t need a whole lot.