Finally getting around to reviewing the Clinique Lash Primer ($13, Sephora) and the Shiseido Lifting Mascara ($23, Sephora) I got when Sephora had their F&F sale. Sorry for any lag, it’s been a hectic week! Anyway, I really love both products, so I am pretty happy with my purchase, in case you are wondering about the Shiseido Mascara Base (primer), CLICK HERE as I did a review on it awhile ago.
This lash-conditioning undercoat contains a unique polymer combination that holds mascara to lashes for a longer, fuller look with extended wear. The moisturizing formula also helps to condition and mend dry lashes.
Lashes lift to new heights! Provides lash-by-lash definition, maximum curl, and volume with a feather-light finish. Air Volume Powder delivers strong, long, and feather-light curls. Waterproof, oil-proof, and sweat-proof. Can be easily applied in layers.
– The wand is nice and thin for easier application, which allows me to get into the hard to reach places and really create more of a lift and curl effect.
– With a mascara primer, it gave a really nice lift and a slight curl that lasted all day, even without the use of an eyelash curler.
– Didn’t flake at all or rub off
– Seemed like it added a little more volume and thickness to my lashes.
– I hate the smell, it smells like deodorant which is just weird for a mascara to have that kind of scent LOL
– By itself (no primer), it doesn’t seem to have that much of a lifting effect and I notice it can get sorta clumpy without a primer, even with just a couple of layers.
– $23 seems pricey for a mascara period. Especially since it’s recommended to replace it every 3 months, but since I had a Sephora gift card I thought id give it a shot.
– Lashes feel stiff and sorta brittle with this mascara if you do not use a primer, with a primer it’s fine.
Overall: This mascara was nice, I liked it along with my Clinique Lash Primer, however as a stand alone mascara I don’t like it too much because it made my lashes feel really brittle and somewhat stiff. I personally didn’t notice an amazing lift or a slight curl of my lashes with just the mascara by itself, however with a primer it looked really nice! I didn’t like the deodorant smell of the mascara, thought that was a little weird because I kept associating it with something I need to be putting under my arms haha. The price I thought was steep, but normal for Sephora, and it’s Shiseido and mostly all name brand mascaras are in this price range which was fine, overall I would buy it again.