I know, this gorgeous palette has been out for how many months now and I am barely getting around to posting about it…but because you ladies are awesome, have been so supportive and understanding, I made y’all red velvet cupcakes! I love baking (more than cooking! but the fiance is opposite, he loves to cook, so it works out LOL). And since I am a sucker for sweets and cupcakes, I made a batch of jumbo red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, and man oh man do I love cream cheese frosting!
Anyway, I got the Naked Palette from Urban Decay months ago when they first came out and let me tell you- this palette is gorgeous. I totally love neutral browns esp. eyeshadows with a little shimmer, it’s the perfect color for Fall!
Honestly, if you are debating to get this or the neutral palette from MAC’s Tartan Tale Holiday Collection, I would highly recommend you get this one!
Why? Well let’s break it down, the Urban Decay palette is $44 at Sephora and Urbandecay.com, AND you get 12 good-sized, well-pigmented eyeshadows- that’s LESS than $4 per eyeshadow! Not only do you get the eyeshadows, you get a double-sided pencil of their infamous eyeliners, in “Zero” and “Whiskey”, and a small size of their eyeshadow Primer Potion. With the MAC holiday palettes, they are $38 for only 6 eyeshadows, and half the time, you end up only like 2 out of the 6 colors (at least I know that’s the case for me haha). And overall, I just love ALL the colors in this palette, they are just so pigmented and there’s a variety of shades from light to dark (even a black and a soft gray color) to achieve neutral or dark smokey looks.
[click on pics to enlarge]
Swatches done dry, with finger, in one swipe:
And here is a simple neutral look I did using the UD Naked Palette (as well as the MAC Pro Longwear Concealer and Foundation which I will do a review and post on soon):
What I used:
– MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NC20
– MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NC30
– MAC Pro Longwear Foundation in NC35
– MAC Sheer Pressed Powder in NC35 as a finish/setting powder
– MAC “The Soft Meow” Mineralize Blush
– MAC “Emote” blush for contouring
– Mixture of “Naked” and a little “Sin” e/s on the lower lid
– Mix of “Buck” and “Smog” on the outer-v and crease
– A little bit of “Hustle” on the outer-v
– MAC e/s in “Bisque” and “Orb” as highlight
– MAC Fluidline in “Blacktrack”
– L’Oreal Telescopic Mascara in very black
– UD eyeliner in “Rockstar” on lower lashline
– MAC lustre lipstick in “Lazy Day”