Product: 4 out of 5
Quality: 3.5 out of 5
Overall: 4 out of 5
Dimensions/Size: 9″L x 3″W x 4″H
Would I repurchase? Yes
I recently purchased e.l.f cosmetic’s large brush holder
from Target.com since it was sold out on the elfcosmetics website (but it’s back in stock!), it was $15 and they have a smaller one that’s a single cup for $5
. Each cup is labeled accordingly: eyes, lips, face; which makes organization a breeze in separating your eye brushes, lip brushes, and face brushes (and how cutesy is that it’s also the company name!?). Since I don’t have an insane amount of lip brushes, I use the lip portion of the brush holder to hold more eye brushes and whatnot, such as tweezers. I also filled each brush holder with clear beads similar to Sephora’s setup to help hold the brushes together, see my tutorial HERE
So what are my thoughts on it?
Their description: The stylish and sleek makeup compartments hold your brushes, makeup pencils, tools and more. The professional storage dividers keep everything organized for quick use. The luxurious material is easy to clean and durable for storing on countertops or in cabinets.
– Pretty sturdy brush holder for $15
– Each cup is labeled to help organize your brushes; eyes, lips, face (labeled on one side of the holder only)
– Holds a good amount of brushes, such as those you use for everyday wear (or can be used to store extra brushes)
– I wish it was a bit taller to accommodate longer brushes
– Plastic is sturdy but you can squeeze them if you press hard so it may break easily/crack
– Unlike a brush roll or a covered brush holder, brushes are out in the open so they are more prone to dust and bacteria if left out, so just be sure to wash your brushes frequently or placing them in a drawer or under the bathroom sink when not in use.
Overall? For $15, it’s a pretty decent brush holder. It holds a lot of brushes, and I use it to house all my everyday brushes that I use and then some; making it easy to choose which brush I wanna use. It’s pretty sturdy and the price is right. I just wish it was a tad bit taller so that some of my brushes don’t look like they are trying to jump ship, lol.
In comparison to my hand, so you can get an idea of how big it is…